Senior Web Producer, Wjz
CBS NewsBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2021 1:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Web Design/Development Category
Search for Senior Web Producer, Wjz jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Senior Web Producer, Wjz postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are currently hiring Senior Web Producer for the Digital team at WJZ, our CBS Baltimore station. This person will be working hand-in-hand with the Digital Strategy Manager to lead the Digital team.
This role will report to the Digital Strategy Manager at WJZ.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities including:
• Leading and executing the digital strategy to improve traffic and user engagement across multiple platforms, as measured by site analytics.
• Developing observations of the audience, including crafting a content plan.
• Working with the Digital Strategy Manager to oversee, mentor, and develop junior Digital Producers.
• Writing and editing headlines, stories, and scripts to capture audience engagement.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 5 years of experience working in a newsroom, with at least 3 years in a digital newsroom.
• Proven understanding of web and social media analytics to guide and validate decisions and performance.
• Natural editorial intuition for what our audience wants, including ability to respond quickly and effectively to breaking news.
• Ability to write engaging and succinctly. Please note that we will be looking for this in your cover letter.
• Experience writing digital news stories. Please include the URL for your writing portfolio and/or links to stories you have written.
• Experience and skills using video clipping systems to build digital-friendly video stories.
• Sports awareness is a plus, especially for the local major sports franchises.
• Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Digital Communications, or equivalent is preferred.