CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News is seeking a freelance Senior Producer to help lead the BET newsmagazine that will be launching in February 2023. This is a 7 month, freelance position: January 2023 to July 2023 (with possibility of extension to long term freelance or staff)
The ideal candidate will have a firm command of journalistic standards, attention to detail, solid newsgathering and storytelling skills.
• 10-15 years of television news work experience.
• 5 years of experience leading a team or unit or show.
• long form storytelling experience, strongly preferred.
• Ability to deal with deadline pressure and react with thoughtful programming ideas and creative storytelling
• Experience in show pre-planning, production, and post-production.
• Experience working with and leading producers, editors, operational staff.
• Strong editorial judgement.
• Mastery of story structure, visual graphics, and elements.
• Experience with breaking news.
• Experience with multi-camera interviews.
• Experience working with editors in assembling packages.
• Experience working with on-air talent.