CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is seeking a Segment Producer with 3 years working as a show Producer.
Our ideal candidate has a fundamental background in journalism and media which includes strong news judgement and critical thinking skills. You have a proven ability to effectively communicate with, train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy. You are passionate about international and domestic news, are detail oriented and have the ability to work calmly and efficiently in a high stress, deadline driven, live TV environment. If this sounds like you come join us!
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Command of AP style and broadcast writing. Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
• Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred with a understanding of digital and social media
• Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
• This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E. #LI-AW1''