CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Production Manager - CBS News.Com
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
The Production Manager serves as the daily point of contact between CBSN studio, and the production company/s for delivery requirements; including rough cut reviews, final cuts, air dates, show timings, and standards and practices.
Overview & Responsibilities
• Coordinates post-production edits including color correction, audio sweetening, promos, and trailers
• Coordinates consultations with Executive Producer, director & editor, and CBS Standards & Practices
• Participates in securing approval of the final cut of each episode to be sent to CBS senior staff.
• Coordinates with CBS senior staff and production company for the approval of the main title sequence
• Provides ongoing support for promotional campaigns.
• 4-6 years' experience in film/TV post-production
• Capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously, with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Able to work easily with a variety of personalities in roles from director to production assistant
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, constantly evolving environment while remaining organized and detail-oriented
• Consistent track record of displaying leadership qualities, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in field production
• Documentary/Docuseries experience
• Experience in developing storylines, pitches, scripting, and writing treatments