Production Manager - CBS News.Com
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
The Production Manager serves as the daily point of contact between CBSN studio, and the production company/s for delivery requirements; including rough cut reviews, final cuts, air dates, show timings, and standards and practices.
Overview & Responsibilities
• Coordinates post-production edits including color correction, audio sweetening, promos, and trailers
• Coordinates consultations with Executive Producer, director & editor, and CBS Standards & Practices
• Participates in securing approval of the final cut of each episode to be sent to CBS senior staff.
• Coordinates with CBS senior staff and production company for the approval of the main title sequence
• Provides ongoing support for promotional campaigns.
• 4-6 years' experience in film/TV post-production
• Capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously, with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Able to work easily with a variety of personalities in roles from director to production assistant
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, constantly evolving environment while remaining organized and detail-oriented
• Consistent track record of displaying leadership qualities, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience in field production
• Documentary/Docuseries experience
• Experience in developing storylines, pitches, scripting, and writing treatments