Product Manager, Audience Growth
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Product Manager, Audience Growth - CBS News
CBS Interactive, a division of ViacomCBS, is the world's largest publisher of premium digital content and a perennial top 10 Internet company. CBS Interactive's brands span popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news and gaming.
Properties include the websites, apps and streaming services of the CBS Television Network such as the CBS All Access subscription service, CBS News Digital platforms including the 24/7 digital news network CBSN, and CBS Sports Digital brands including the 24-hour streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ, as well as digital-first properties in key content verticals, including CNET, ZDNet, TVGuide.com, GameSpot, Last.fm, Metacritic and Chowhound.
Follow CBS Interactive on Twitter and Facebook.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is seeking a Product Manager to own audience growth. The CBS News digital product team oversees the roadmap for owned & operated products that are available on 20 platforms, and is always expanding to new ones meeting users where they are. Additionally, CBS News content is made available on third party products to drive awareness and maximize visibility.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product, this role will focus on growing total number of users across the CBS News digital footprint - using tactics like but not limited to: leverage platform specific capabilities such as programming guide integration or universal search to increase exposure and drive new or off-platform users into O&O products; launch MVP on a new platform to acquire users and/or stay competitive; develop playbooks & products to support content syndication & marketing campaign execution; collaborate with SEO & ASO teams to acquire users, and more.
• Develop & own a data-informed roadmap
• Collaborate with other product managers to align on roadmaps & sprints
• Monitor KPI performance & competitive landscape, identify anomalies &
• Build and upkeep comprehensive PRD and other material as needed to
• communicate product vision & current state
• Construct Jira tickets to translate product requirements into actionable stories or tasks
• Manage full product cycle from research to requirements through launch
• Ship measurable features
• Prioritize resource-competing tasks or bugs to achieve maximum ROI
• Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with various teams
• including but not limited to: Engineering, Design, Editorial, BI, Marketing, Biz Dev
• Anticipate and resolve issues that affects development timeline
• Minimum of 3 years experience on a product management team
• 2 years in digital industry with media experience
• Minimum of 2 years product managing apps (mobile or TV)
• Familiar with Adobe Analytics (Omniture), Jira and preferably Confluence
• Analytical thinking mindset, uses data to answer questions
• Exceptional organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask, pivot, and change focus with a can-do attitude
• Basic understanding of web technologies, can digest json/xml feeds