CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/9/2023 5:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer postings
Full Time Job
Interested in joining the team? The CBS News Streaming Network is seeking a New York based WGA PRODUCER to join its 24-hour coverage team. The ideal candidate is proactive, creative and editorially rigorous. They will demonstrate a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering and visual storytelling skills. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and, while based in New York, serve as a collaborative member of a global news organization.
The producer will primarily be responsible for producing live and taped programming across a variety of coverage beats including domestic stories, breaking news, international stories, interview segments, reporter cross-talks and debriefs, medical, consumer, tech and cultural reports. This person must have strong news writing skills and a talent for producing compelling, visual segments on tight deadlines.
As a hardworking journalist, the producer needs to be proficient in all of the major storylines unfolding in the news cycle and have the ability to identify important stories that our viewers should know about. You enjoy working in a fast-paced news environment, pitching original ideas daily, carrying out day-of-air segments and pre-producing special coverage, and rising to the occasion during breaking news events.
All applicants will be reviewed and considered for current and near-future openings.
• Identify, pitch, shape and implement news segments with speed and accuracy in a fast paced environment
• Research and produce compelling segments that include quality sound, eye-catching, factually-accurate maps and graphics, and headline-grabbing banners
• Plan and implement content and formatting of show rundowns for a 24-hour streaming news channel
• Write and customize copy for anchor and reporter voices for live segments/readers as well as writing for feature and news packages
• Order original graphics
• Source and edit video elements, including from agency partners and social media
• Prepare anchors and correspondents ahead of segments
• Communicate with correspondents and producers in the bureau and in the field
• Copy edits scripts for grammar, syntax and substance (including fact checking)
• Work closely with the senior show production team and handle breaking and planned news coverage for a 24-hour streaming news network
• Communicate with control room team during execution of live segments
• Participate in daily staff editorial and production meetings
• Work with Digital Line Producers and editors to review and update segments after they air
• Serve as backup Line Producer in the Line Producer's absence
• At least 5 years of broadcast or cable news experience, with recent experience at a national or global video news organization that covers late-breaking news
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong editorial judgment, communication and critical thinking skills
• Impeccable grammar and spelling with attention to detail
• Familiarity and working knowledge of digital video production-related techniques and online content management
• Exhibits calm demeanor in high pressure situations, including control room
• Previous experience working in a live control room, including serving as a Line Producer in a live-news environment
• Command of AP style and broadcast writing
• Familiarity with ENPS
• Basic video editing skills
• Sophisticated knowledge of current events, geopolitics and pop culture
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage
• Deep understanding of news standards, rights and clearances and fact-checking practices
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays, sometimes on short notice, as coverage and news priorities require, as this is a 24-hour news operation
Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test
This position is based out of the CBS News Broadcast Center
This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E. ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $88,000.00 - 95,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.