CBS NewsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2022 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News Face the Nation is seeking a Producer with strong editorial, reportorial and logistical skills to contribute to the weekly broadcast and digital products! They will be expected to produce pieces, cultivate video, conduct research, handle field shoots and any other tasks that may arise. This position requires a lot of adapting with the news of the moment.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of journalism experience (TV experience preferred), and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced news environment. They will have outstanding producing, editing and research skills and the ability to work with camera crews. The candidate must be available to work weekends.
• Produce and provide reporting for live segments and taped pieces from breaking news, to extended interviews, to focus groups, to obituaries, to notebook-style features
• Writing and editing scripts as needed
• Collaborate closely with moderators and correspondents to develop a story from pitch, to background interviews, to shoot, to script to edit bay to air.
• Manage remote and field shoots; including booking crews, handling accommodations, guest contacts, transmission and editorial responsibilities
• Conduct research weekly while collaborating with co-workers on question writing and background conversations with potential guests and sources to gather independent reporting
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast paced, dynamic news environment.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Ability to expertly juggle multiple priorities in pursuit of the story.
• Strong editorial/news judgement with ability to synthesize and disseminate information quickly and accurately.
• Workweek is Wednesday-Sunday.
5 years' experience working in a deadline driven, news environment; television experience preferred.
Broadcast and Digital experience preferred.
College Degree in broadcast journalism, history, or political science or related field preferred, but not required.