CBS NewsSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
Seeking an experienced producer who is prepared to set the news agenda for the Bay Area.
The ideal candidate will bring fresh ideas and approaches to presenting complex stories to a diverse audience.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Produce 30- or 60-minute newscasts for broadcast and/or digital platforms.
• Produce content for all digital/social media platforms
• Responsible for story selection and editorial content.
• Time programs and segments with a good sense of pacing, energy, and urgency.
• Oversee editing, script writing and creation of news graphics.
• Lead and work with assignment editors, reporters, writers and sports producers while making editorial and content decisions in accordance with department guidelines and standards.
• Effectively communicate with field reporters, tape editors and talent.
• Write news stories and all newscast teases: in a straightforward, active voice, conversational style, with proper grammar and spelling.
• Monitor wires and feed sources for updated information.
• Respond aggressively to breaking news.
• Use all production elements accurately, consistently, and creatively.
• Exercise sound news judgment.
• Make quick decisions, and clearly communicate in the control room.
At least 3 years experience line producing with a proven track record.
The personal and professional maturity to direct and manage a staff of experienced reporters, writers and editors.
The demonstrated ability to attract and hold viewers with compelling teases.
Excellent writing and production skills.
Adept at responding to breaking news, both strategically and in the control room.
Eagerness to incorporate new media strategies and technologies.
Desire and ability to innovate
Desktop editing required.
Related College degree and/or equivalent preferred.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.