CBS NewsPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Are you ready to cover the big leagues? Pittsburgh is a huge sports town. Our community expects the best. And we deliver. KDKA and our CBS properties is looking for our next fulltime Sports Producer. Can you take the lead for daily creation and distribution of sports content? Are you able to work with new and existing talent to create compelling sports segments daily? Applicant should be able to produce, post, write, shoot and edit for sports. Not everything all day â€'' but this is a job that requires flexibility and passion for sports coverage. If this is youâ€¦apply now!
- Produce daily sports segments.
- Generate compelling social elements to promote our sports brand daily.
- Shoot, edit, write for sports coverage daily.
- Be a consistent producer of content and be able to have flexibility in scheduling.
- Ability to multi-task and create sports content while tackling constant deadlines.
- Provide leadership and communicate with all the newscast staff on upcoming sports content.
- Excellent broadcast and digital writing skills.
- Ability to understand sports stories, how they impact our community and how to best communicate that with words and visuals
- Able to use and manage multiple resources to produce compelling content including: video, sound, graphics and talent.
- Be a teammate with phenomenal people skills who can take direction from managers and execute the station's mission for our brand.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- College Degree preferred
- At least two years of experience producing sports required
- Familiarity with non-linear editing and playback systems preferred
- Familiarity with social media and how to use it to generate and promote content
- Must be able to work all shifts.