Producer Social Media
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS MORNINGS,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Tony Dokoupil, and Nate Burleson, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS SATURDAY MORNING,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced Social Media & Trending Content Team.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. S/he must have experience with video production and in covering breaking news, with the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate pieces on a variety of topics. S/he must have a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from broadcast content and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets. And s/he must be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which includes early mornings, weekends and holidays.
The duties of the Social Media Producer will include, but will not be limited to:
• Translating CBS Saturday Morning: Saturday television packages into shorter social videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Using social listening tools to inform social language and imagery choices
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
• 3 to 5 years of social media or television experience in a news environment
• Experience working in a broadcast or digital newsroom
• Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Ability to multitask
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work
• Video editing experience
• Knowledge of graphic design and Photoshop
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
• 3 to 5 years of social media or television experience for a news organization
• Must be able to provide work samples for review
• Expert on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Have a degree in journalism, communications or related
• Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred
In addition, CBS will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.