Producer, Social Media
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS This Morning is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced CBS News Social Media & Trending Content Team.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. S/he must have experience with video production and in covering breaking news, with the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate language on a variety of topics. S/he must have a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from both broadcast and text pieces, then quickly spin them into social assets. And s/he must be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which includes nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties of the Social Media Producer will include, but will not be limited to:
• Translating CBS News television packages into digital videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Writing trending news stories for CBSNews.com
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
• 3 to 5 years of social media or television experience in a news environment
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
• Experience working in a broadcast or digital newsroom
• Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Ability to multitask
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of peopl.
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices, and analytics
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published wor.
• Video editing experience
• Knowledge of graphic design and Photoshop
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Knowledge in TV Content.
• Consumer of entertainment content and interest in it.
• Entertainment Market experience.
• Previous direct production or post-production experience
BS/BA in related field would be a plus