Producer / Editor
CBS NewsBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
WJZ is looking for a talented Producer/Editor to join our news team. The ideal candidate has a great eye but can work optimally to meet deadline demands.
include but are not limited to:
• Produce/Edit video and multi-media material for on-air, digital and streaming platforms.
• Write for newscasts.
• Shoot video in the field, if needed, to support news stories on all platforms.
• Conduct interviews in the field and via video conferencing.
• Produce segments.
• Manage content across all of our social media platforms.
• 2 years writing and editing experience preferred.
• Previous experience in local television news a plus.
• Knowledge of social media.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and have the flexibility to work any shift.
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems a priority. Experience with Edius a definite plus.