Per Diem Producer / Newswriter
CBS NewsChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2024 12:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Per Diem Producer / Newswriter jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Per Diem Producer / Newswriter postings
Full Time Job
This is a temporary position.
OVERVIEW / ROLE DETAILS:
Conceive and execute daily news programs. We are looking for upbeat, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast!
• Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
• Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is aligned with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
• Must ensure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
• Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Vacation-relief show producing duties. Other duties as assigned.
• Must be willing to join the WGA union.
• Proven successful track record and innovative.
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
• Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
Preferred eduction and experience requirements:
• Three yearsâ€™ experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in journalism or similar field.
• Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this postingâ€™s television station should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.