Paid Intern - Cts Investigative
CBS NewsChicago, IL
Part Time Paid Internship
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
• Interns in Investigative do legal research in-depth pre-interviewing document searches general research and tape logging. They will also have the opportunity to accompany producers and reporters in the field.
• Intern will be side by side with news department professionals learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
• Each internship will be for approximately 10 weeks. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
• The Internship will be considered ''at will'' employees and the Program can end at any time during the 10 week period at the station's sole discretion.
• Currently seeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree preferably in Journalism or Communications.
• Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
• Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers magazines and websites will be taken into account.
• Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
• Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.
• Computer Assisted Reporting skills including database mining basic analysis and spreadsheet creation are especially appreciated.
Results-Oriented Dependable Detail-Oriented Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.