Newswriter / Producer
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
WCBS-TV, the #1 station in the ViacomCBS portfolio of local stations, is looking for a diligent, collaborative news writer who is interested in crafting content for all platforms.
include writing and editing conversational, balanced news stories for all platforms.
• End to end creation of news stories for broadcast and digital platforms, including editing of video/sound
• Fill-in producing when called upon
• Write conversational, factual and ethical copy that provides appropriate depth and context
• React quickly to breaking news, weather and sports
• Actively participate in editorial meetings and pitch stories regularly
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Foster teamwork and collaboration through strong communication skills
• Work well under deadline pressure
• Exhibit confidence in the control room
• Incorporate digital elements into newscasts in a meaningful way
• 3 years experience writing news copy in a medium to large market
• Degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Exhibits deep understanding of principles and ethics in journalism
• A phenomenal teammate
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Desktop editing experience preferred
• Willing to work a flexible schedule, including overnights and weekends
Hiring Salary Range: $46,020.00 - 97,812.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.