Newswriter / Producer
CBS NewsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for upbeat, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
• Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
• Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is aligned with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
• Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
• Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Vacation-relief show producing duties. Other duties as assigned.
• Proven successful track record and innovative.
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
• Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Three years' experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.