Newswriter / Producer
CBS NewsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
Conceive and execute daily news programs. Looking for upbeat, aggressive, visual show producer/writer to bring creative, fresh ideas to a newscast.
• Must have solid news judgment and ability to support overall quality of the newscast with keen eye for detail, including spelling, fact checking, balance and fairness.
• Create and write factual updated and compelling news copy that is aligned with news strategies. Strong tease and copy writing skills. Ability to order graphics.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to manage live on air and in control room decision making. Knowledge of control room automation preferred.
• Must insure daily show production deadlines are met.
• Must be knowledgeable in digital/social media platforms and ability to contribute to station strategies.
• Proficient desk top editing skills required. Screen and edit from both linear and non-linear services to select relevant and engaging pictures and sound.
• Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
• Vacation-relief show producing duties. Other duties as assigned.
• Proven successful track record and innovative.
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
• Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Three years' experience as a newscast line producer, preferably in a top 20 market.
Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable.