News Production Manager
CBS NewsBoston, MA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a News Production Manager that will manage broadcast & streaming production workflows and related technology infrastructure of WBZ, WSBK & CBS News Boston. This position will supervise control room and studio crews, manage execution of live production remotes, determine most efficient workflows and lead integration of new production systems and technologies, train and grow existing staff, and hire and recruit for openings.
• Possess excellent studio and field production background, proven leadership skills, clear concise verbal and written skills.
• Proficient with broadcast production equipment such as, Sony ELC, Sony Switchers, Solid State Audio, Avis Systems or similar MAM, Chyron/Vizrt Graphics, NRCS â€'' iNews preferred, Adobe CC, production automation systems, Telestream Vantage, and ETC lighting consoles.
• Good working knowledge of TV station operations. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the ability, leadership, willingness, drive, and initiative to:
• Use technology to drive innovation and efficiency
• Successfully collaborate and interact with colleagues/station staff
Requirements & Education:
• 5 years experience working in Broadcast Production (Director, ELC Operator and TD experience preferred)
• News/Engineering Management experience preferred.
• Degree or equivalent experience in television production, broadcasting, computer science or related field required.
• Valid driver's license.