News Editor, Cbsnews.Com
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2022 7:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for News Editor, Cbsnews.Com jobs in New York-NY
Search all News Editor, Cbsnews.Com postings
Full Time Job
Hiring Salary Range: $70,000.00 - 80,000.00
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBSNews.com is looking for a news editor to cover breaking news and stories on a wide range of topics, including politics, health, crime, culture and entertainment! We are looking for someone with strong news judgment who can write and edit clear, accurate, fact-driven copy and craft compelling headlines on deadline in a fast-paced environment. Scrupulous attention to detail, a cool head under pressure, and excellent communication skills are essential!
You will be assigned a Tuesday-Saturday morning shift or Sunday-Thursday evening shift. You will need to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
• Coordinate, produce and update web coverage of news stories, gathering the latest information from a variety of sources, always being mindful of company standards.
• React quickly to breaking news, writing and publishing articles and running live blogs
• Edit captions and publish videos from CBS News streaming coverage, and embed live streams in written articles on developing stories.
• Manage the CBSNews.com homepage to present the best of the journalism we produce.
• Work with CBSNews.com reporters, network show teams and the CBS News streaming team to publish the best of CBS News to our website.
• Track content performance via analytics tools to help inform your decision-making
• Send CBS News app, Apple News and OTT alerts to segments of the audience based on user behavior and location as needed
• Send breaking emails as needed
What you bring to the team:
• You have 2 years of experience in a digital breaking news environment and a proven ability to react quickly as news develops
• You are a skilled writer who can produce quality copy on deadline
• You have an interest in framing content in an engaging way for a digital audience
• You're deeply familiar with analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Omniture, Chartbeat and Parse.ly
• You thrive in a collaborative team environment