CBS NewsSouthfield, MI
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
CBS 62 (WWJ-TV) and CW50 (WKBD-TV), the CBS News and Stations owned & operated in the #15 television market Detroit, is looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Producer with creative ideas to join our CBS News Detroit team. We are looking for someone who can write, produce, shoot and edit content for newscasts on multiple platforms. CBS News Detroit isn't like your ''normal'' news department. We are looking for someone who can do it all and has a passion for storytelling.
- Decides which stories are of most interest to our viewers in their communities
- Determines order in which stories are told on stream on linear broadcasts.
- Time broadcasts and insure they are correct on the stream and on air
- Assign Multi-Skilled Journalists
- Ensure CBS News Detroit is in FCC compliance
- Shoot, write and edit packages for daily newscasts
- Establish and manage relationships/sources in the community
- Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to produce newscasts
- Work creatively and efficiently with Executive Producers, Anchors and Multi-Skilled Journalists.
- Must be proficient in Premiere Pro.
- Must be an expert writer for newscasts.
- Must have experience with iNews and newsroom automation systems.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to tackle problems quickly
- Must have very strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends
- Must be a team player who can multi-task and possesses the ability to work optimally under deadlines
- College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
- Minimum 4 years' television producing experience preferred