CBS NewsSeattle, WA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Overview & Responsibilities:
KSTW-TV, is looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Journalist (MSJ) to join our team. A successful candidate is passionate about community storytelling, brings ideas to the table daily, cultivates sources, and has a strong social media presence. Candidates must have creative storytelling skills and an energetic delivery. We want a journalist who can create shareable stories for both broadcast and digital/social platforms with excellent writing, compelling video and editing. Please provide a link to examples of broadcast and digital video work.
• Development story ideas, write, shoot, and edit news content for on-air daily newscasts.
• Pitch vetted stories reflective of the community
• Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
• Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to shoot and edit broadcast quality video for television newscast and digital platforms
• Must be proficient on Premiere Pro
• Must be able to work independently with accuracy and the ability to problem solve quickly
• Must have knowledge of Broadcast ENG camera, lighting, audio and Live U
• Candidate will have strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends.
• A team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task.
• College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred, equivalent experience
• Minimum of 4 years MSJ/television reporting experience preferred