Multi Skilled Journalist
CBS NewsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Gather information about news stories, shoot, edit, and deliver information on-line and on-air.
• Enterprise content that is compliant with news strategies
• Ability to accurately and creatively report daily news and breaking news
• Report live and on-tape – scripted and unscripted
• Work closely with digital content director and managing editor to create compelling content
• Write copy and order graphics
• Must be able to function as MMJ, report, write, shoot and edit stories
• Participate in editorial meetings, contribute actionable enterprise content
• Ensure that all daily show production deadlines are met
• Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics
• Prepare copy for use on-line, social/digital media and on radio
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Results-Oriented and Innovative
• Ability to write and edit broadcast copy that is compliant with news strategies
• Ability to work under deadline pressure
• Appear comfortable on camera; receive feedback and adjust performance accordingly
• Experience with non-linear shooting and editing, a plus
• Knowledge of use of social media a must and ability to execute station's social media strategy and efforts
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Five years' experience as a general assignment reporter, preferably in a top 20 market
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field.
• Familiarity with Chicago area, strongly preferred.