Manager, Video Production
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/31/2024 3:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Video Production jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Video Production postings
Full Time Job
CBS News Streaming is seeking a thorough self-starter who completes the production scheduling needs of various news programs, to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the video team!
Ideal candidates must be able to coordinate various elements of the production process, including personnel scheduling and resources, to meet broadcast deadlines and maintain high-quality standards for our viewers. We are looking for a Manager with a passion for journalism, news and current events, and who can collaborate with producers, editors, and other production members to build detailed schedules that optimize workflow and facilitate the timely delivery of news content.
If you are an innovative planner with an acute attention to detail and thrives working on a fast-paced live news environment, we'd love to hear from you!
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create, maintain and monitor a comprehensive production schedule for the edit and publishing teams to ensure appropriate coverage and support for news programs, while taking into account the production workflow, available resources, and deadlines
• Act as the central point of contact in submitting timesheets, addressing scheduling conflicts, and generating reports related to production scheduling for management review
• Manage multiple edit assignments for news shows and breaking news situations, ranging from: quick-turn around VOs, SOTs, NATPKGs, PKGs, headline opens, syndicated 30 minute to hour-long programming, short and long-form documentary-style packages
• Collaborate with technical and editorial departments, and keep collaborators updated with assignment progress and staffing arrangements
• Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience producing and editing video for broadcast or digital streaming news production
• Fluent in ENPS, Avid Media Composer and the Avid ecosystem
• Ability to handle intense deadlines and continually react to breaking news in a calm, streamlined and efficient manner
• Diligent and capable of maintaining accurate records
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills, and the ability to adapt to the dynamic nature of news production
• Proven ability in working with others, both in person and remotely
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications, or Production Management or equivalent work experience.
• Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by the news production schedule
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Slack
• Must be willing to work in CBS News' Broadcast Center in New York at a minimum of 4x a week
• Familiarity of Adobe Suite (specifically Premiere, Photoshop, Encoder, and Audition)
• Familiarity with newsroom management software and broadcast equipment
• Knowledge of industry standard processes and trends in news production
• Experience shooting with ENG cameras and three-point lighting
• Experience with green screen studio setup
• Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 105,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.