Maintenance Technician 403 1
CBS NewsStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Maintenance Technician 403 (g) 1
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, is seeking a forward-looking, experienced ENG maintenance engineer to become part of the Stationsâ€™ Engineering and Operations team. This is a staff IBEW union engineering position reporting directly to Engineering and Operations Management.
Job duties include:
- Troubleshooting electronic equipment to a component (hardware/software) level
- Working with equipment manufacturers and vendors to correct problems, including ordering parts/services
- Reviewing discrepancy reports and addressing issues with minimal supervision
- Maintain and generate equipment integration drawings
- The availability to work overtime as job schedules warrant, and, in emergency situations, call-in on nights or weekends.
Candidates must have:
- A sound engineering foundation and the ability to troubleshoot and repair complex television broadcast systems
- Knowledge of modern Electronic News Gathering (ENG) systems and field operations
- Strong project supervision and coordination skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with other members of the engineering staff, station employees and management, and outside vendors.
- CAD (Computer Aided Design) AUTOCAD experience
- Understanding of and experience with the following types of ENG field equipment and supporting systems:
o Sony PMW & PXW series cameras and supporting recording devices
o 2GHz microwave radio systems (Vislink, Nucomm, SAF)
o Knowledge of 2-way communications service monitor, spectrum analyzer and network analyzer
o Lectrosonics wireless microphone systems
o Non-linear edit systems (Grass Valley â€œEdiusâ€ and Adobe Premier)
o Motorized cable reels; pneumatic masts; compressed air systems, gasoline powered generators; safety inter-lock systems
o Analog and digital test equipment to validate/troubleshoot audio and video signals
- Knowledge of and understanding of FCC rules and regulations as they govern the broadcast industry
- IT knowledge
Minimum Education Level:
Four-year engineering degree or two-year engineering technology ASET related to electronics or radio/television