CBS NewsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2022 9:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Investigative Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Investigative Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News is seeking an Investigative Reporter/Producer to generate content in a dynamic environment with an emphasis on politics. We are seeking an experienced investigative journalist -- a creative reporter with a wide range of sources in Washington and national political circles. Someone who can develop tips into deeply reported and documented stories for all platforms. The Producer's primary focus will be identifying and generating original stories of national importance with compelling storytelling and innovative, multiplatform delivery.
• Break news.
• Tell viewers stories they didn't know about political candidates, government officials, the electoral process, and American democracy.
• Develop, research, and produce investigative stories with consistent frequency and impact for the newscasts, specials, streams, websites and apps of CBS News and Stations. Work closely and collaboratively with correspondents and anchors in writing and presenting stories that engage our audiences. The Producer will easily work in both the field and the editing room.
• Cultivate sources, land sought-after interviews, and navigate open records laws, including FOIA. Seek out collaborations with CBS News affiliates and Paramount audio and documentary partners.
• Urgently develop and execute investigative angles to elevate breaking news coverage.
• Drive story development opportunities that meet broadcast objectives, including breaking news, impactful investigations, innovative storytelling, and rich reporting.
• Work closely with editorial leadership, journalists, and legal counsel in creating accurate, well-documented, compelling stories.
• C ommunicate frequently and effectively with respect and candor, and maintain highly collaborative, productive working environments and relationships with organizational stakeholders. Represent the company professionally at all times in public interactions.
• 5 years experience as an investigative producer or similar role in a medium to a large market.
• Portfolio of investigative content that led to accountability, change, broad recognition, audience growth, and brand definition.
• Video editing skills preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Able to work effectively and professionally in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent command of legal and journalism standards process
• Ability to balance priorities, multiple projects, and tasks.
• Attention to detail is a must.
• Flexibility is critical; one must be willing to work an unpredictable and adaptable schedule as the story warrants.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as news warrants