Internship - Sales
CBS NewsStudio City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles (Studio City, CA), is looking for a Sales Intern. Candidate will have the opportunity to experience how a major Broadcast News Television Station operates, specifically within the Sales/Marketing Department. Candidate will take part in day-to-day activities.
Candidateâ€™s responsibilities will include:
• Assist Sales Marketing management in executing sponsored promotions and sweepstakes
(on-air, online, and on-site)
• Work closely with departments that have day-to-day interaction with Sales Marketing
(Research, Production, Creative Services, Digital)
• Assist production team on local commercial shoots
• Create sales proposals and recaps
• Act as an on-site representative for station and client sponsored events
• Administrative support related to daily operations of the Sales Marketing Department
• Research market trends and promotions and submit weekly reports to Sales Marketing management
• SELF-SUFFICIENT: ABILITY TO FIND ANSWERS OR PRESENT POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
• Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Must have a strong interest in marketing and television industry
• Must have excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
• Proficient in Photoshop and MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to use Social Media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Innovative idea generator, able to think outside the box to create unique opportunities
• Established history of delivering projects on-time
• Must be enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university during the time of internship as a Junior or Senior year.
• Flexibility to work weekends and nights depending on event schedule
Hiring Salary Range: $16.04.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. [[cust_payTransSTIP]] [[cust_payTransSalesInc]]