Intern - Wbz News
CBS NewsBoston, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
WBZ News Internship / CBS Televisions Stations Newsroom Internship â€'' (In-Person):
WBZ-TV & WSBK-TV is excited to offer an internship program opportunity to learn and be exposed to all facets of its daily news operations. The program will be an 10-weeks long (3 days a week), in-person internship.
The summer 2023 internship program will run from June â€'' August. This is an educational program designed for college students who are interested in pursuing a career in journalism and broadcasting. It will provide an opportunity for you to learn the operation of the department assigned to while, at the same time allow you to perform some of the job functions that are critical to the learning process.
• Our interns will be exposed to the fast-paced environment of our newsroom, and the many stories we chase, write and cover for all platforms, including broadcast, digital and streaming.
• Interns will see how and why we decide to cover and write stories, make editorial calls, and cover press conferences, among many other tasks.
• Work closely with the assignment desk, editors, producers, digital team and anchors to create and pitch compelling stories.
• Join our reporters and photographers for in-the-field production.
• Currently attending an accredited college, all majors/minors are welcome.
• Must be a junior or senior in Fall 2023.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a face-paced team environment.