CBS NewsBaltimore, MD
Part Time Unpaid Internship
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBSâ€™s Internship Program in Baltimore is designed to provide meaningful educational and field experience for students pursuing careers in television broadcasting and related fields. Our internships will expose you to industry professionals and promote both your personal and career development. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, problem solving, a strong work ethic, accountability and winning. Being selected to join our winning team means you share our core values and stand with others who are passionate, honest, engaged, accountable, and competitive. Summer 2022 â€'' Program Runs 10 weeks from June â€'' August
Internships are approximately 10 weeks in duration and 20 hours per week. Interns are accepted for the summer 2022 semesters and are paid an hourly rate of $14.00. Transportation costs (except those incurred while traveling for business purposes requested by CBS), meals, and any other financial obligations, are the sole responsibility of the individual intern. Interns are expected to conduct themselves and dress appropriately for the business world.
Departments Available for Internships
News Department: The intern will learn how a news department operates and provides news coverage of the Baltimore region. The intern may be assigned to a variety of areas such as news, sports, weather, digital content, the assignment desk, or creative services. Interns will have the opportunity to observe work in the field alongside reporters and photographers.
• Must be at least (18) eighteen years of age.
• Online resume and cover letter expressing interest.
• CBS online Internship application.
• Currently attending an accredited college and have achieved junior or senior status.
• Students must be in satisfactory academic standing with a minimum grade point average of 3.0. Verification letter from college required. Academic credit not required.
• Able to meet the minimum time commitment for the internship program (minimum 10 weeks in duration and 16 hours per week)
• Good computer skills, excellent written skills, and verbal communication abilities.
• MS office suite proficiency.
• If accepted into our program, you will need to present eligibility to work in the U.S. based on the Department of Homeland Securityâ€™s I-9 form (examples include driverâ€™s license and social security card, College ID and birth certificate, or a US Passport).
• We do not have opportunities for high school students or volunteers.