Group Design Manager
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2024 2:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Group Design Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Group Design Manager postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations is seeking a highly organized, creative, and experienced Group Design Manager to help lead our CBS-owned and operated station group across 17 markets. This position sits on a decentralized Group Creative team that works hand-in-hand with our design teams in each local market.
The Group Creative team brings planning and mentorship to our entire group, delivering best in class creative and design to be implemented within our local markets. Both nimble and innovative, the Group Creative team sets the course towards our organizationâ€™s North Starâ€''to make our community a better place to live.
As the Group Design Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and project planning of the Group Design team, working closely with the Regional Art Directors to ensure the timely and successful delivery of design projects. You will co-direct a team of impactful designers, collaborate across teams, and assess and distribute incoming design requests ranging from motion graphics and Chyron development to large-scale projects and rollouts while communicating with collaborators to ensure projects align with business goals and user needs. You will also have an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and pitch in so you can stay close to your design roots! Your role will be pivotal and a force multiplier for Group Design!
• Project Management: Manage the entire lifecycle of design projects, from initiation to completion, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within scope.
• Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and lead a team of designers, encouraging a synergetic and innovative design culture.
• Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with product managers, developers, and partners to define project requirements, goals, and timelines.
• Resource Allocation: Allocate design team resources optimally, balancing workload and skills to meet project demands and optimize efficiency.
• Quality Assurance: Maintain high design standards, ensure all design deliverables meet quality expectations, and align with brand guidelines.
• Risk Management: Identify potential project risks and issues early and develop mitigation strategies to ensure success.
• Feedback and Improvement: Establish feedback loops to continuously improve the design process and project outcomes, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
• Stakeholder Communication: Optimally communicate project progress, updates, and outcomes to internal and external partners.
• Documentation: Maintain project documentation, including design briefs, presentations, proposals, project plans, and status reports.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design, broadcast design, fine arts, or practical experience in a related field.
• Experience managing broadcast design teams.
• Excellent project management skills, including proficiency with project management tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Jira or equivalents)
• Strong understanding of broadcast design principles and standards.
• Strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of graphic design work, including on-air graphics, digital assets, and promotional materials.
• Proficiency in design software tools (e.g., Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Chyron, Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine, Figma, etc.)
• Experience with template development workflows (e.g., Chyron, ViZrt, Ross, AE, etc.)
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate efficiently with cross-functional teams.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Organizations that wish to receive job vacancy notices from this postingâ€™s television station should contact email@example.com.
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 145,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.