CBS NewsMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Come join our team!
• Oversee planning and execution of weekend news content on all platforms
• Lead aggressive coverage of all breaking news and weather events on WCCO, CBS News Minnesota streaming as well as wcco.com
• Must have solid news judgment and strong storytelling skills
• Review and copy edit news scripts â€'' ensuring accuracy and fairness
• Mentor, motivate and inspire a multi-platform team of talent, producers, directors, photographers and assignment editors
• Live and breathe the WCCO brand in all content
• Willing to work with all departments â€'' across teams, to produce relevant content
• Strong social media skills
• Compliance with CBS policies and journalistic standards
• Collaborate with news managers on daily content as well as lead special projects as assigned.
• Complete additional duties assigned by News Director
• Minimum 5 years' experience as a producer or 2 years' experience as a news manager
• Must love WEATHER and understand its importance to our audience
• Must understand the power of Minnesota sports; managing our team of sports storytellers and any specials
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• Results-oriented leader with strong organizational and communication skills
• Must be cool under pressure and dedicated to bringing out the best in their team
• A risk taker who thrives off innovation