Executive Producer, Investigations
CBS NewsStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KCBS2/KCAL9-TV, the CBS Owned & Operated stations in Los Angeles and the nation's largest duopoly is seeking an Executive Producer, Investigations to expertly manage our Investigative Team.
• Manage content, elements, and production of reports by our Investigative Team, bringing them together as a working Investigative Unit.
• Have a clear vision of how to deliver investigations to our viewers.
• Produce elements for broadcast, streaming, digital, social platforms, and promotion.
• Knowledge of data mining and legal issues surrounding investigative reporting.
• Take part in day-of-air editorial meetings and provide research and analysis for big daily stories and breaking news.
• Work with the EPIC to ensure we are investigating issues that impact our local communities.
• Grow sources that can lead to exclusive content.
• Maintain our tip lines and develop efficient ways to gather story tips.
• Coordinate California issue stories with KPIX & KOVR.
• Work with the Innovation Lab and CBS News on investigations that could be carried out across the station group.
• Produce specials for the stream and broadcast.
• College degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5 year of experience worikning in Investigations
Hiring Salary Range: $150,000.00 - 200,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.