Executive Producer, Daily News
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/17/2023 6:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Producer, Daily News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Producer, Daily News postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the President of CBS News, the Executive Producer, Daily News will coordinate editorial and reporting developments on top stories and breaking news, a role designed to centralize the daily Newsgathering offers across all platforms. The EP will work closely with the SVP, Newsgathering on daily coverage and will be responsible for the planning and coordination of news reports / pieces in service to the broadcasts and stream. The Executive Producer will work with reporting teams on story threads, direction, scripting and execution and will track developing and on-going stories and work closely with the correspondents to ensure we own the big stories on broadcast and Stream.
include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for editorial coordination and driving newsgathering reporting across platforms
• Coordinate news coverage with SVP, Newsgathering and set deadlines to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
• Review news scripts, articles, and other content to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to journalistic standards.
• Participate in newsgathering planning with other senior newsroom leaders
• Originate impactful and award-winning journalism
• Collaborate with other departments
• Stay updated with current events, news trends, and industry developments to ensure the news department remains relevant and competitive.
• Foster a positive and collaborative work environment, providing guidance, feedback, and mentorship to a large, diverse news team
• Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards in news reporting, including copyright laws, privacy regulations, and journalistic ethics
• 15 years of experience in News and proven experience as An Executive Producer in a TV news organization.
• Extensive experience in news planning, and a proven track-record at a senior-level in News as a Managing Editor, News Editor, or similar role
• A track record in multi-platform content production and distribution
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field. Master's degree is preferred.
• Proven experience of initiating and managing change, particularly around planning and workflow systems.
• Proven ability to execute strong breaking news coverage
• Experience of making editorial decisions and prioritizing resource to cover key stories, under pressure.
• Demonstrable experience of developing original, high impact stories, then working with reporters to deliver exclusives.
• Field and piece production experience
• Sound editorial judgement and a thorough grasp of political, social, and economic affairs.
• Must be able to interact well with correspondents, video journalists, videographers, news managers and production staff
• Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
• In-depth knowledge of TV news production processes, journalistic standards, and industry best practices.
• Familiarity with newsroom software, content management systems, and digital publishing platforms.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make sound editorial decisions.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $325,000.00 - 400,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.