CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
This position provides support and handles the day-to-day operations for the General Manager/President of CBS New York.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Manage Outlook Calendar, schedule meetings, maintain incoming and outgoing correspondence, handle overlapping meetings, events, and conflicts.
• Coordinate catering, printouts, decks or anything needed for meetings.
• Coordinate and maintain travel itineraries and expenses.
• Process expense reports and perform invoicing for a variety of different areas across WCBS.
• Assist with internal communications (maintain department lists, agenda reports, presentations, etc).
• Support on upper management projects as needed.
• Maintain mail/packages
• Assist and work with other departments across CBS New York, as needed.
• Develop internal network of EAs, facilities, human resources and other key contacts.
• Plan internal and external events or administratively assist with WCBS-based initiatives.
• Ad hoc tasks as needed.
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree preferred
• 1 years of experience in related area.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint are essential), Zoom video conferencing.
• Must be flexible, adaptable & have a creative approach.
• Multi-tasking ability.
• Upbeat, friendly, self-starting, problem-solver, positive.
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding issues or information received.
• Ability to optimally get along professionally with individuals at all levels of an organization