Executive Assistant - News
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 7:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Assistant - News jobs in New York-NY
Search all Executive Assistant - News postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant - News?
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
We are seeking an Executive Assistant for the CFO of CBS News. CBS News is comprised of multiple brands including – CBS This Morning, Evening News, Sunday Morning, Face the Nation, 48 Hours and 60 Minutes. In addition to supporting the CFO, you will also provide general finance assistance including invoice coding, reconciling expense statements, and other ad hoc requests as needed. As the ideal candidate, you will be capable of multi-tasking and appropriately handling sensitive information. You will anticipate the needs of a busy leader and team, and take the initiative to solve problems thoughtfully and independently.
• Respond to direct and anticipated requests, providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies; follow up on action items on behalf of the leader as needed.
• Heavy scheduling and calendar management including coordination of complex meetings with multiple participants and locations.
• Provide effective and efficient meeting coordination including logistics, agendas, notes, action items and follow-ups as needed. Meetings will vary from be a combination of virtual and in-person
• Create and modify travel itineraries. Process associated expenses as required.
• Collaborate with other assistants to obtain information, problem solve and achieve desired results.
• Create and/or modify PowerPoint slides and Excel workbooks as needed.
• Create, manage and own various News Finance Team channels of communication – including email distribution lists, Slack channels, Microsoft Teams sites, Sharepoint sites, etc.
• 5 years supporting a senior leader and/or a senior executive team.
• College degree preferred.
• Strong execution and organization skills that enable you to prioritize and execute multiple priorities seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build links with internal and external partners.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities & deadlines.