Editor / Writer
CBS NewsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS TELEVISION STATIONS SOUTH FLORIDA
Job Title: News Editor/Writer
CBS 4/WFOR-TV in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market #18, is looking for a highly motivated News Editor/Writer with great storytelling skills to work in this very competitive and fast paced market. The selected candidate will be assigned to write/edit for various newscasts. They will also be tasked to edit pre-production for newscast or reporters. Gather file video for field crews and FTP the video to the crews. In addition, candidate will help write stories for all of our platforms including TV and OTT.
• The ideal candidate must be an expert using powerful images and compelling sound to tell a story.
• They must write conversational, balanced copy that provides the appropriate depth and context
• React quickly to breaking news and weather
• Degree in journalism or related field preferred
• Must exhibit deep understanding of journalistic principals and ethics
• Must be a team player who brings a positive attitude
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Proven experience with non-linear editing is a must. Experience editing with Grass Valley Stratus NLE system a plus.
• Knowledge of FTP and posting video on the web.
• The ability to manage time well to complete pre-production elements for all assignments within deadlines.
• Desktop editing experience is a bonus.
• This individual must be team player and work well in a sometimes-stressful environment.
• Flexibility to work variable shifts including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays is a requirement.