Director Creative Services
CBS NewsMinneapolis, MN
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
WCCO is looking for an innovative and creative leader and leader ready to push the business of media marketing and management forward. You are versatile and can institute a creative vision that will establish efficient strategies for brand development and visual execution. Serve as a lead ambassador internally and externally for the brand by taking ownership of a bold multi-platform strategic marketing and community plan and its results.
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Lead all aspects of WCCO's brand, marketing, Graphics, and promotional efforts across all platforms.
• Establish and showcase creative content that will grow and retain audiences across all media distribution outlets.
• Build and manage a team of hard-working and inspiring creatives who are empowered to deliver excellence and collaborate with Department Heads and grow WCCO's outreach in the community.
• Shown leadership capabilities with a track record of successfully recruiting, retaining, and guiding staff.
• Own the direction and supervision of all marketing messages, scripts, spots, campaigns, events and other creative with an understanding of strategic media planning and media buying.
• Collaborate with the research department to understand viewer insights and translate those insights into creative strategies that entertain, enlighten, and engage our audience.
• Coordinate the production and scheduling of promotion including brand image campaigns, daily news promotions, tent pole events, sales client commercials, syndicated, local and network programming priorities.
Requirements & Education:
• Strong people skills. Work well with General Manager, and all Department Heads to position the station brand and implement ideas. Candidate will have management experience, creativity, and adept at multi-tasking.
• Preferred Bachelor's degree in Mass Media, Communications, Marketing, or Advertising.
• Preferred minimum 3 years' market experience in management, promotion, and production.