Director Broadcast Operations & Engineering
CBS NewsBaltimore, MD
This was removed by the employer on 2/8/2023 9:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director Broadcast Operations & Engineering jobs in Baltimore-MD
Search all Director Broadcast Operations & Engineering postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
WJZ-TV has an immediate opening for Director, Broadcast Operations & Engineering. This is a dynamic position with many responsibilities: technical, financial, IT and HR related. The position reports to the President/General Manager with a dotted line to the Division Vice President of Engineering. Join the team!
• Ensure the TV Stations align with applicable Federal Communications Commission/OSHA rules and regulations as they apply to Television Stations!
• Ensure all technical systems are fully functional
• Expedite any repairs necessary to achieve technical systems are fully functional
• Develop and adhere to annual operating budgets for technical workforce, building/facility functions, equipment repairs, and leased technical sites
• Work in concert with the TV Station Department Heads to identify new technologies and workflows for efficient and ground breaking operations
• Lead all aspects of the maintenance and repair of the facility, IT infrastructure, studios, and transmission systems
• Lead issues that arise with Union represented employees and ensure the collective bargaining agreement is fairly applied. Participate in negotiations for contract renewals
• Provide mentorship and counsel to employees not fulfilling the requirements of their job
• Provide facilities (sometimes on short notice) to support all in-house production efforts
• Lead local engineering and IT employees
• This position is responsible for the TV technical facility/transmitter and must maintain a proactive role in maintenance to prevent on-air failures 24/7/365
• College degree in engineering or a related field, or previous Military/Industry experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
• 5 year minimum of broadcast engineering management and experience in traditional TV broadcast engineering, studio design/operation, low and high-power RF systems, telecom, facilities, Information Systems, and digital mass storage systems or equivalent
• Highly motivated to learn new skills and have the ability to work well under pressure
• Attention to detail, accuracy and excellent follow-through is very important
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Hiring Salary Range: $.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.