Digital Sales Assistant
CBS NewsSouthfield, MI
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
Note: A Cover Letter is mandatory to be considered for this position.
The Digital Sales Assistant will assist the Digital & Sales/Marketing Manager in the development of new revenue opportunities and ongoing account management of new/existing campaigns. Working with internal teams and external clients/partners, the Digital Sales Assistant will be proficient in all areas of digital sales support to ensure the team's overall digital success.
• Accurately enter, revise, and maintain Digital orders across multiple platforms, including generating contracts and file maintenance.
• Track pacing and performance of digital campaigns to ensure delivery. Pull reporting as needed and re-cap Digital campaigns upon completion.
• Serve as station liaison for trafficking campaigns with ad operations, and coordinating/trafficking campaigns with external partners.
• Update and maintain weekly spreadsheets of revenue booked, recaps generated, etc
• Assist with creation of Digital Sales packages and materials, including localizing national sponsorship opportunity decks.
• Create customized Digital Sales presentations for Account Executives.
• Work with the Digital & Sales/Marketing Manager in coordinating Digital Sales projects and/or exclusive revenue opportunities for the station.
• Creates spec (sample) digital ads for clients to be included in Digital Sales presentations.
• Assist Account Executives with digital artwork requests and work with Creative Services Department to secure creative for digital campaigns.
• Provide digital content as needed, and attend Marketing events off-site (may include evenings and weekend work)
• Accurately enter, revise, and maintain on-air Marketing orders &/or additional broadcast orders as needed.
• Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to: handling phone calls, filing, photocopying, binding, mailing, and other administrative duties.
• Cover letter is required for consideration.
• Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Strong Powerpoint skills required, must also have working knowledge of Excel.
• Must have strong written communication skills and ability to think creatively.
• Must have strong organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
• Requires good verbal communication with strong problem-solving skills.
• Must be a self-starter, with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior experience or internship in digital media or advertising is a plus.
• Understanding of Wide Orbit, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics a plus. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop also a plus.