CBS NewsChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2023 12:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Producer jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Digital Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
The landscape of local news continues to evolve, and CBS 2 Chicago is at the forefront. If you are an innovative journalist, with a focus on breaking news and looking for a new challenge, come join our team as a Digital Producer! The position will be responsible for stacking, writing and editing stories that will appear in our newscast on the CBS News Chicago OTT platform. The role requires coordination with other digital producers and broadcast line producers during live news broadcasts. This role will also write headlines and improving SEO and shareability of CBS 2-Chicago content. This position is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA.
• Assisting with timing in a control room environment.
• Stacking rundown content with regard to video, graphics, scripts, and other elements.
• Coordinating with broadcast line producers during live news programs.
• Assisting with building show rundowns.
• Editing video.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• College Degree
• 2 years of experience
• Experience in crafting and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Detailed knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with Edius or other non-linear editing systems and ENPS and iNews.
• Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
• Experience with Crispin and iNews helpful.
• Understanding of SEO.