CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
Seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic digital Producer with a strong passion for journalism. This position includes multi-media acquisition of news content and its distribution, heavy editing of web videos, text on screen, and the creation of graphics. A candidate with experience supervising teams, fact-checking scripts, and approving edits is preferred.
• The position requires proficiency with social media platforms - including, but not limited to - Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, and YouTube.
• The Producer must have the ability to take a traditional news story and turn it into a web video that can generate engagement on social platforms.
• The Producer will be required to generate original content, write copy, and edit videos that meet CBS News standards. They must be up to date on all social technology and always be looking for new ways to engage people on digital platforms.
• The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
• This position includes evening hours and may include some early morning and weekend responsibilities.
• 5 years experience in broadcast, cable or digital news preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast networks and stations/markets a plus.
• Available to work various schedules.
• Knowledge of various social media platforms, OTT, streaming
• Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
• Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Avid.
• Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Experience supervising teams is preferred.