Digital News Video Producer
CBS NewsPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
KDKA is looking for a full-time overnight digital & streaming producer as we continue to expand our content presence on multiple screens.
The news doesn't stop and we're looking for a content producer who understands the mission of journalism. Our new hire should be able to deliver content on digital desktop, mobile apps, our streaming service CBSN Pittsburgh, and broadcast.
• Write copy for desktop to maintain an up-to-date reporting on local and regional news
• Edit video from various sources to accompany digital content on kdka.com and CBSN Pittsburgh
• Write and manage social posts for their respective voices (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, et al)
• Monitor scanners, sources and also vet emerging news content
• Proven ability to write and update news content on tight deadlines and communicate forward with the news team.
• Must make sound editorial decisions with minimal supervision
• Ability to edit news footage into digital and streaming platforms
• Proven experience communicating via various outlets: Email, Slack, Phone, etc.
• Experience with Photoshop, iNews, Edius, Social Newsdesk, Crispin, WordPress and other digital tools preferred
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College degree required
• At least two years' experience producing content for digital outlets (newspaper, television, radio, blogs)
• Must provide writing examples upon request
• Must be able to work all shifts
• Newsroom experience preferred