Digital Line Producer
CBS NewsMinneapolis, MN
Part Time Job
Digital Line Producer (Part-Time)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS NEWS MINNESOTA is looking for a Digital Line Producer to work on WCCOâ€™s live streaming network and other digital outlets, managing and creating content for audiences. The content producer will work with a digital team managing, optimizing and timing live and on-demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms. The content producer works in coordination with News Managers and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, and takes on other responsibilities such as writing headlines, conducting interviews, editing and publishing video, and maximizing SEO and shareability of all content.
include, but are not limited, to:
• Overseeing content on CBS NEWS MINNESOTA by building show rundowns and segments, editing video and scripts whenever needed.
• Aggressively manage and publish updated news stories, video segments and photo slideshows, concentrating on developing stories and breaking news.
• Tracking news and events; coordinating coverage with managers and line producers.
• Constantly updating news stories in the stream and producing breaking news and other updates as they happen instead of waiting for a scheduled newscast.
• Monitor daily news continuously, using wires and other news sources to write content for WCCO.com.
• Anticipating the needs of CBS NEWS MINNESOTA for video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
• Coding/stacking rundown content with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
• Writing memorable headlines, scripts and segments.
• Working with managers and the entire digital team to develop and produce special content utilizing the resources and storytelling of the entire WCCO Newsroom.
• Conducting interviews in the field or over web camera, shooting video, producing stories, and editing video for audiences on digital and social media platforms.
• Demonstrating expertise in timing in a control room environment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Experience in creating and publishing digital stories and video content.
• Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with editing systems such as Edius/Stratus, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere required.
• Familiarity with iNews, and Cripsin Rapid Play preferred.
• Available for early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Understanding of SEO.