CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 9:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinator, Communications jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinator, Communications postings
Full Time Job
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The Communications Coordinator will be an integral part of the communications team at CBS News working with the team to manage day-to-day publicity strategies and helping to lead long-term priorities to promote the brand and talent. The communications coordinator will report to the SVP, Communications, and assist with multiple communications and publicity campaigns. They will help build the foundation of the press strategies that support, advance, and amplify all CBS News broadcasts and assist with other projects across the department including the Washington bureau, breaking news, special events and awards campaigns.
• Support the team in maintaining detailed press lists. Responsible for managing and updating coverage trackers and other messaging materials as assigned or needed.
• Help promote and establish CBS News' reporting teams and anchors, finding ways to capitalize on their unique talent and contributions.
• Support the pitching of stories that continue positioning CBS News, as the home of must-watch and unrivaled coverage. Expand on press opportunities for the podcasts and other original reporting spanning across CBS News.
• Assist team in managing the CBS News communications social media account, including monitoring and drafting tweets.
• Develop social content for the CBS News PR Twitter and Facebook pages as well as the wearecbsnews pages.
• Monitor social media for breaking news and relevant industry news for dissemination among the communications team and possibly wider constituencies.
• Support the exacting and distribution of quotes from breaking news coverage to outside press to enhance overall coverage and explore new outlets to break through.
• Help monitor and track coverage of CBS News executives and correspondents, in addition to coverage generated by broadcasts across the news division.
• Track CBS News awards wins and ceremonies to ensure consistency in external promotion and internal messaging.
• Lead research and the drafting of press materials that support successful pitching to press.
• Coordinate the delivery of press materials including publicity stills, screeners, transcripts, and brand assets.
• Help with the brainstorming and planning of detailed and innovative publicity rollouts for upcoming interviews.
• Assist publicists in coordinating media requests for talent, executives and staff.
• Administrative duties including answering phones, managing expenses and maintaining calendars, as needed
• Must be skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint and building presentation decks for high-level initiatives
• 2 years of Communications experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor's degree