Coordinating Producer, Social Media
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Coordinating Producer, Social Media jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinating Producer, Social Media postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinating Producer, Social Media? CBS This Morning is seeking an innovative and hardworking Coordinating Producer to join the fast-paced CBS News Social Media & Trending Content Team.
The ideal candidate will have strong management experience and be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's algorithms and unique characteristics. S/he must have experience in video production and in covering breaking news, with the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate language on a variety of topics. S/he must be able to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from longer pieces, then identify how those nuggets can best be translated into social assets. And s/he must have the ability to quickly and skillfully edit other producers' work, in the mediums of both text and video.
The duties of the Social Media Coordinating Producer will include, but not be limited to:
• Translating CBS News television packages into digital videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Writing trending news stories for CBSNews.com
• The ability to strategize and launch original content, as well as identify the correct repurposing of show content.
• Be an active participant during the show's editorial meetings to identify ways to expand the stories we are working on to social.
• Identify moments from longer broadcast pieces that would make good sidebar stories
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS This Morning brand
• Copy editing language from other CBS This Morning social producers
• At least 5 years of social media or television experience in a news environment
• Degree in journalism, communications or related
• Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Video editing experience
• Knowledge of graphic design and Photoshop
• Ability to multitask
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Ability to work well with others under tight deadlines
• Willingness to work newsroom hours, which including evenings, weekends and holidays
FUNCTION: Production This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.