CBS NewsWest Sacramento, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2023 12:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Content Producer jobs in West Sacramento-CA
Search all Content Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is currently seeking a top-tier journalist to join the CBS Sacramento digital team as a Digital Content Producer! This is a full-time position that covers weekend nights, in addition to some week day nights.
As an editorial position, the role places a strong emphasis on news writing and news judgment. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to cover breaking news, write phenomenal features, and update developing stories on our websites: CBSSacramento.com and GoodDaySacramento.com. They should have experience crafting content consumed by hundreds of thousands to possibly millions of users each month. They also have a comprehensive understanding of online audience behavior and acquisition strategies on digital and social media platforms. This includes the skill of spotting trends and stories that can be produced for our websites.
The successful candidate is detailed, a team-oriented worker, and capable of working effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Furthermore, they are self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work autonomously or with minimal supervision.
• Generate original and engaging content for CBSSacramento.com and GoodDaySacramento.com.
• Build captivating multimedia news experiences that cater to the digital audience.
• Develop and implement effective and compliant messaging on social media.
• Strategically program the website homepage to engage visitors and increase website traffic.
• Ensure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies
• Prepare reporters' segments for the website, including editing copy, preparing images, and clipping, tagging, and publishing videos.
• Ensure seamless coverage from shift to shift by providing comprehensive shift-end notes.
• Build, crop, resize, and optimize images and graphics for web usage.
• Produce blocks of news content and edit video for CBS News Sacramento's streaming news channel.
• 2 years of experience working in a news capacity on a news website, newspaper, radio, or television
• A bachelor's degree, a similar degree, or equivalent experience
• Experience with producing on-air newscasts is a plus.
• Excellent journalistic skills such as sound news judgment, meticulous research, stellar writing, and editing.
• Proficient in implementing SEO strategies across various digital platforms.
• Proven track record of crafting content for multiple social media platforms and effectively driving referral traffic back to the websites.
• Familiarity with web analytics and expertise in using them effectively and appropriately.
• Ability to function as the primary producer during a shift and balance multiple stories simultaneously.
• Although this position will follow a regular daily schedule, candidates must be willing to occasionally work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, early mornings, and evenings as needed.
Hiring Salary Range: $67,000.00 - 83,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.