IT Support Technician
CBS NewsPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KYW-TV, the CBS O&O in Philadelphia, PA is seeking an IT Support Technician to join our information technology team. The ideal candidate will assist with technical support of desktop computers, servers, network, applications, and related technology used to operate the television station. Support includes specification, installation, and repair/maintain of the computer systems and peripherals. Activities require interaction with TV station personnel, as well as, with other members of the VIACOMCBS team. The position provides one-on-one interaction with end users, both on-site and remote, as required. The candidate in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of the network, servers and associated equipment. The positionâ€™s responsibilities require independent troubleshooting, effective communication and problem-solving skills. Candidate will collaborate closely with Broadcast Engineering team, providing technical support of converged platforms. Work is expected to be performed with little supervision, requiring initiative and good judgment. Other duties maybe assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary. Position requires candidate to be â€œon callâ€ as needed to support a 24/7 operation. Work schedules are subject to change - candidates must be able to work late hours, overnight, weekends as needed.
Key responsibilities :
• Includes the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop and laptop computers, mobile devices, applications, and related technology
• Support a user base of approximately 150 employees
• Recommend and perform hardware and software upgrades on systems to ensure security, reliability, performance and longevity
• Ensure systems interconnect seamlessly with diverse system platforms and Active Directory resources
• Deploy new or upgraded technologies as required
• Maintain hardware/software inventories for all managed technologies
• Assist with maintaining stationâ€™s infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to technical support of the stationâ€™s servers on the â€œEnterprise LANâ€ and Broadcast environments
• Willingness to learn broadcast specific applications / systems such as, Chyron, Avid, Sony, and Telestream.
• Activities will require interaction with members of VIACOMCBS IT (Corp IT), the TV station group LAN managers and vendors to diagnose and resolve unique, broadcast and non-broadcast related problems
• All work performed requires initiative, good judgment and must be able to resolve issues
• Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documents used for planning and support of local hardware and software, as well as, creating user guides for end users when needed
• Must be able to recognize the environmentâ€™s need for immediate response and resolution, as protecting the on-air product must be paramount
Experience working with the following technologies is required :
• Networking: Basic IP networking and troubleshooting.
• OS : MS/Windows Server 2012 (and greater) and MS Windows 10.
• Hardware Platforms : Dell Desktop, Dell and HP ProLiant Servers, Apple Tablets and Smartphones, Cisco Switches.
• Applications/Software : Office365, inTune, ArcServe, Acronis (or equivalent), OKTA, AWS & Citrix persistent desktop, CrowdStrike, ServiceNow, PDQ (or equivalent) .
• Bachelor's Degree education required
• 4 years of formalized IT support experience is required