CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Associate jobs in New York-NY
Search all Broadcast Associate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Broadcast Associate? Broadcast Associate- Sunday Morning
The Broadcast Associates for CBS Sunday Morning work at the ''hub'' of the unit. A centralized area that all Producers and Correspondents have access to and they rely on the BAs for various duties throughout the day and weekend. Seeing as CBS Sunday Morning airs on Sundays, the BAs rotate their schedule so that we have 7 days per week desk coverage.
BA for CBS SUNDAY MORNING:
• General news desk duties (answer telephones, screen viewer mail/email, receive and distribute mail for entire staff, run errands)
• Assist producers in various capacities (transcribe tape, retrieve archive tape, research stories)
• CBS Sunday Morning Executive Producer does NOT have an Assistant, so he relies on all of the BAs for his needs).
• Order and organize office supplies for unit.
• Regularly check various sources (AP Photos, Alamy, Getty, Newspath, Archives) for most appropriate video and stills to support Producer's scripts.
• Work closely with the CBS Rights & Clearances department to ensure the legality of using the footage.
• ideas of visuals and potential elements. Plan time accordingly as this duty often takes a few days to license photos/video and it is imperative to make air on the current Sunday.
• Book travel and transportation arrangements for CBS Sunday Morning guests, talent and crews.
• Must have some experience as an administrative assistant as well as a background in journalism
• Must be willing to work overtime and some weekends, as needed
• Must be able to able to work under deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Internship or comparable experience working on a news broadcast
• Able to work under pressure and under strict deadlines
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
• Field producing experience helpful
• Bachelor's in Communications or related discipline
FUNCTION: Operations This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.