Broadcast Associate / Assistant - Face The Nation
CBS NewsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude. Must be flexible and able to roll with the punches. Works a Wednesday-Sunday schedule, but needs to be available as needed Mondays/Tuesdays.
• Assist Moderator of Face the Nation and Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent with administrative tasks (travel, expenses, scheduling and appearance logistics)
• Work with producers to help the broadcast with research and packages and with writing/fact checking copy and questions for FTN
• Research segments for both Face the Nation and other special events in which the Moderator/CFAC is appearing.
• Help with gathering story elements and developing story pitches
• Help with monitoring and assisting FTN moderator/CFAC with social media tracking and posting as necessary.
• Help with researching and scripting questions/copy for FTN Moderator/CFAC stream, affiliate and radio appearances.
• Develop administrative systems for tracking developing stories, video, stills, oversee rights and clearances information for broadcast.
• Oversee FTN contacts and administrative database.
• Internship or comparable experience working on a news broadcast.
• College degree
• Able to work under pressure and under strict deadlines.
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
• Strong editorial skills in the areas of politics and foreign policy
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, holidays, and/or weekends
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Strong attention to detail
Hiring Salary Range: $.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.