Broadcast Associate, Assignment Desk, CBS News
CBS NewsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2023 6:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Broadcast Associate, Assignment Desk, CBS News jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Broadcast Associate, Assignment Desk, CBS News postings
Full Time Job
The CBS News Washington Assignment Desk is looking for a Broadcast Associate (BA) with a strong passion for journalism, Washington politics and policy. The BA is someone who the team relies on for extensive research and administrative duties through the week. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required, including the ability to adjust to breaking news quickly. The BA must have a strong interest in Washington politics and policy.
This position will include late night and/or weekend responsibilities.
• Work with the newsroom team, such as Assignment Editors, Producers and Associate Producers to capture elements and research for on-air packages and digital stories.
• Serve as extensive researcher on a variety of topics.
• Disseminate editorial notes to the news division.
• Make calls during breaking news stories, and fact-check.
• This position requires very strong social media skills, including proficiency with social media platforms which include, but not limited to - Facebook, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in journalism or related discipline preferred.
• Internship or comparable experience working in broadcast, cable or digital news is a plus.
• Knowledge of broadcast networks and stations/markets a plus.
• Available to work various schedules.
• Knowledge of various social media platforms, and how to craft language for news posts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented.
• Candidate must be a team player, and work well under pressure/tight deadlines while maintaining a positive outlook.
• The ability to think and act proactively is an enormous asset.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.